Streetfunk has partnered with several organisations who are willing to sponsor and support 10 scholarships. These will be offered to students from low-income families, by providing financial aid for those who need support to be able to dance and be part of Streetfunk for a year.
The organisations are:
PJR Services Ltd
Building Services Design Engineers
The home of affordable yet stylish bespoke sliding door wardrobes and partitions in Brighton.
We work collaboratively with others to enable children, young people and their communities to stand on their own two feet with confidence and to find success, purpose and happiness in learning, work and life.
Provides treats to local children up to the age of 18, and their families in Seaford, East Sussex and surrounding areas who are disadvantaged due to circumstance, health and or socially.
To teach streetdance and through that instil the values of hard work, discipline and respect.
If we invite diverse applicants to join our school and teach them streetdance (and through that the values of hard work, discipline and respect), we believe that they will improve their outcomes at school, at home and in the future.
- The scholarship covers Streetfunk weekly classes for a year, a Streetfunk t-shirt, a costume for Straight Up (the annual show at the Dome) and two spectator tickets.
- Applicants must live in Brighton & Hove and be aged 4 to 19 years at the time of the application.
- Each application must be accompanied by a supporting statement from a teacher or mentor.
- Each application must be accompanied by a short video of you dancing (no more than 2 mins).
- They will have to provide evidence to demonstrate a need for the scholarship.
- Successful applicants may reapply for a further scholarship at the end of the academic year. In the case of repeat applications, preference will be given to recipients who have kept Streetfunk regularly updated with their news and progress, and who have helped promote it to others.
- All applications will be treated as confidential and no publicity will be given to an award or to a successful applicant’s subsequent progress without the consent of the applicant and, where applicable, his or her parent(s).
- We have 10 sponsorships to award for the 2017/18 academic year. Applications will remain open until all 10 sponsorships have been allocated.
- We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.